Nearby is the well known O' Connell Street where you can find live music shows nightly.
A short walk along the River Liffey and you can arrive at the Jameson Distillery. The neighborhood is vibrant, central and is located just in the heart of town .
The Dame Court and Dame Lane buildings remain today and wrap around the Stag’s Head pub. Today, the lane is part of a small area bounded by South Great George’s Street and Dame Street.
Most significantly, it was a former employer of Joyce’s character Leopold Bloom in Ulysses. It is branded "Dame District." This is promoted by a group of local businesses in both Dame Court and Dame Lane "as an area for socializing and entertainment." The most significant landmark today on Dame Lane is The Stag's Head, a mostly intact public bar built on the site of older taverns dating from the 1780s.
"In 1660, Trinity Hall (standing or the ground now occupied by Trinity-place), belonging to Trinity College, was set apart as a medical school".
Dame Lane is noted for a connection to Hely’s Printing Works, once a significant business presence along Dame Court and Dame Lane.
Please note, during weekends this area can be a bit noisy but nothing disturbing.
and built on the site of the churchyard of the old St Andrew's Church. Andrew's graveyard was obliterated with the construction of the market. It featured 34 stalls of butchers, cheesemakers and poulterers, and the map: "shows a marketplace connected to George's street by a narrow laneway.This was to the south of, and accessed directly from, Dame Lane.In 1818, Trinity Place had 172 residents, and later in Thom's Almanac of 1862 "Trinity-place off Dame-Lane" is listed as having 21 houses, many noted as being in tenements."He read the scarlet letters on their five tall white hats: H. The Stag's Head was re-built in 1895 in "redbrick with Italianate detail" by businessman George Tyson and architect Alfred Mc Gloughlin in high Victorian style with mahogany, stained glass and mirrors.It is "elaborately decorated inside and out." Architectural historian Christine Casey refers to the date of 1906 when Batchelor & Hicks used the Hennebique "system of re-inforced concrete framing reputedly employed here for the first time in Dublin" (p.We also include a hair dryer, iron, washing machine and towels as standard in the apartment with ironing boards and travel cots available on request.